Exciting News for Seasonal Campers
What a roller coaster the last several days have been!
We finally have some positive news for our seasonal campers and dockers!
Based on the new order issued by Ohio Department of Health, MWCD campgrounds and docks will open tomorrow, May 2, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. for seasonal campers and dockers ONLY! Daily camping is not yet permitted. We will post an update as soon as we have more information about daily camping.
We are excited to be open because we are able to follow the ODH order, although some of our services will not be available until we have received further guidance from the department of health. Here’s what you can expect:
- Restrooms and shower buildings will NOT be open. (We are waiting for direction from ODH as to when we can open these facilities.
- MWCD buildings (welcome centers, marinas, activity centers, and park offices) remain closed to the public.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
- Only the permit holder and members living in their household should be on the campsite. (No visitors are permitted at this time.)
- Retail operations are currently not available. Fuel sales at MWCD Marinas will resume May 8, 2020.
- Playgrounds/sports courts remain
We realize this is a lengthy list of restrictions, but in order to allow our seasonal customers to get back to docking and camping, these are required. As soon as we can begin offering additional services, we will post updates on the website and social media.
We are counting on you to maintain social distancing so that we are able to remain open. Thank you for your continued patience!!